Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Cards, anyone?

It's time for the annual debate with myself. Photo cards? Whole family or just kids? Newsletter? DIY or buy them already done?

This year, I think I've found the perfect solution! The gorgeous cards at Shutterfly. I'm planning on getting one of the folded ones which have lots of room inside for extra pictures and words! Brief updates on each kid will just be included on the card! No need for a full newsletter--which is good because some years, that takes me far longer than addressing the cards and getting the family to somewhat cooperate for pictures.

Now, I've just got to decide which one to choose. I'm thinking this one or maybe this one or perhaps this one. They're all gorgeous! I can barely wait to get them out in the mail to my family and friends. Maybe I'll even beat my personal deadline of December 1 this year. Maybe I'll feel really inspired and make a mail merge file finally so I can just print the address labels!

Family photos taken? Check! Card decision underway? Check! Most of my addresses saved in an excel file from last year? Check!

Don't worry, though, my sweet daughter's still keeping my humble. No matter how hard our photographer tried, she couldn't get a picture of all three kids in the same shot. I wonder if Shutterfly has a way to help with that?!?

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny...we have several things in common. My post on Christmas cards is so similar to this. I used Shutterfly and found one that made me feel like I was doing that Christmas letter I never got around to doing! I used individual pics of each of our 3 kids.

    ReplyDelete